5 Foods to Include in your Menu for Good Eyesight
Here are some foods which are an excellent source of the beneficial substances you need to include in your menu:
It is well-known that the carrot is one of the best foods for good eye health.
Its beneficial properties are due to the abundance of beta carotene that is important for proper functioning of the retina and other parts of the eye.
In addition to beta carotene, okra contains zeaxanthin and lutein - compounds that play an essential role in maintaining good vision. It also contains vitamin C useful for good ocular health.
Rich in beta carotene, vitamins C and E and zinc apricots are extremely useful for "aging eyes". Studies have shown that the presence of beneficial vitamins and elements in the fetus reduces the risk of macular degeneration by 25% - the leading cause of vision loss after 60 years of age.
They are an excellent source of beneficial eye lutein, zeaxanthin, vitamin C and beta carotene.
Nuts are also among foods useful for eye health
Almonds, walnuts and cashew nuts contain omega-3 fatty acids that are important to the health of the retina and prevent vision deterioration as the age progresses.
- » The Sale of 21 Tonnes of Unfit Meat has been Stopped
- » Equal Access to Medicines is a Priority for Bulgaria and the Netherlands
- » 460 000 Bulgarians Live with Diabetes
- » Decorated Cups Could be Potentially Harmful
- » Dark Chocolate is Useful for Treating High Blood Pressure
- » The Bulgarian Food Safety Agency Denies that Meat with Antibiotics Reaches Consumers