The United States are Leaving UNESCO
The US State Department has sent UNESCO an official notification of withdrawal from the organization, reports Mediapool.
The decision comes into force on December 31, says a statement posted on the State Department website. The United States intends to set up its permanent observer mission to the organization. The decision is not taken lightly, and reflects the growing concerns of the United States with ever more UNESCO spheres that require a fundamental reform of the organization, as well as the anti-Israeli bias in UNESCO, the statement said.
The UNESCO leadership has already expressed "deep regret".
"I want to express deep regret about the US decision to leave UNESCO," said the head of the organization Irina Bokova.
- » Huge New Screen in London's Picadilly Circus will Display Ads Based on Nearby Cars and People
- » Nearly 40 People were Detained in Istanbul in Operation Against Islamic State
- » Boyko Borisov: Europe is Under Pressure
- » North Korea Wants to Become Allies with Iran Against the United States
- » Puigdemont Proposed Negotiations with Madrid Without Clarity About his Intentions
- » North Korea was Behind the Global Cyber Attacks with the Virus WannaCry