Tropical Storm Ophelia Became the Tenth Hurricane for the Season
Tropical Storm Ophelia has gained strength in the Atlantic and yesterday became a hurricane, the National Hurricane Center reported.
This is the tenth hurricane of the season. It has winds of 120 km/h and is located 1200 km southwest of the Azores. The element set a record for the most successive storms that have reached the height of a hurricane, a meteorologist at Colorado State University said. For the last time, so many storms had become hurricanes in 1893.
The White House has urged Congress to allocate USD 5 billion to alleviate the financial crisis in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria.
The central authorities in Puerto Rico, a number of municipalities and other local authorities suffer from a shortage of liquidity after the natural resource blocks their income and depleted the resources of the island.
- » Meteor Turned the Night into a Day over Lapland (Video)
- » The Snowfall Stopped Trains in Gabrovo
- » Small Steps Forward as UN Climate Talks End in Bonn
- » NIMH: Rains to Continue, Transforming into Snow in Some Areas of Western Bulgaria
- » Three Earthquakes Hit Northern Italy
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Mostly Cloudy and Rains Will Fall in Many Areas