Tropical Storm Ophelia Became the Tenth Hurricane for the Season
Tropical Storm Ophelia has gained strength in the Atlantic and yesterday became a hurricane, the National Hurricane Center reported.
This is the tenth hurricane of the season. It has winds of 120 km/h and is located 1200 km southwest of the Azores. The element set a record for the most successive storms that have reached the height of a hurricane, a meteorologist at Colorado State University said. For the last time, so many storms had become hurricanes in 1893.
The White House has urged Congress to allocate USD 5 billion to alleviate the financial crisis in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria.
The central authorities in Puerto Rico, a number of municipalities and other local authorities suffer from a shortage of liquidity after the natural resource blocks their income and depleted the resources of the island.
- » NIMH: Sunny, Maximum Temperatures From 0-2°C in Northwestern Regions
- » At Minus 62 Degrees in the Coldest Village, the Thermometer is Damaged
- » NIMH: Rains to Stop Before Noon, Maximum Temperatures of Up to 4°C
- » NIMH: Cloudy Weather Today with Snowfall in Many Areas
- » Yellow Code for Snowfall was Declared in 15 Districts in Bulgaria
- » The Coldest City in Bulgaria Today is Razgrad