Facebook will Rethink the Principles and Regulation of Political Advertising
Facebook will rethink the principles of political advertising on its platform and change the regulation before the US Congress elections scheduled for November 2018. Mike Schroffer, Chief Technology Officer on the Social Network, said on Thursday.
"We are actively working on all of this, the company is getting more and more attention to improve it," he said, quoted by Reuters. The company's representative emphasized that this is a tricky process because Facebook does not want to suffocate legal advertising, considering the volume of publications in the network that has 2 billion users and 5 million advertisers.
The recently released information that during the presidential campaign in the US last year, Facebook, Twitter and Google have added thousands of advertising messages on their platforms, ordered by Russian agents, including the famous "factory for trolls" associated with the Kremlin, led to a crisis in the Silicon Valley.
On November 1 managements of American IT-companies will testify before a US Congressional Committee investigating the involvement of Moscow in the US presidential election.
- » The Foreign Ministry Working on Borisov-Trump Meeting
- » 2140 are the Candidates for 74 Junior Magistrate Positions
- » Russia has Warned the EU not to Make the Same Mistake with Serbia as with Ukraine
- » Edi Rama Suggests Kosovo and Albania Could have Common President One Day
- » Large Luggage Can Now Also Ride for Free in Sofia's Public Transport
- » Lavrov Warned About US Plans for Syria