5 Magnitute Earthquake in Aegean Sea
An earthquake occurred in Aegean Sea in 5 magnitude. The epicenter of quake was found to be vulnerabilities of Greece's Magnesia island.
As closest settlement from Turkey, Çanakkale village of Ayvacık district was said to be Babakale According to information on website of disaster and Emergency Management Presidency (AFAD), a 5-magnitude tremor was noted at 01.49 on Greece's Magnesia island. It was determined that quake occurred about 7 kilometers deep.
As closest settlement from Turkey to epicenter of earthquake, Çanakkale village of Ayvacık district was said to be Babakale. Recent Earthquakes Recent earthquakes in Turkey according to Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute data:
- » Earthquake Measuring 4.9 on the Richter Scale in Greece
- » Spring Brings us Good Weather over the Weekend and after that
- » Rain in Some Areas Today in Bulgaria, Thunders in Southwest Regions in Afternoon
- » Earthquake near Bushehr NPP in Iran
- » A Volcano Erupted in Japan
- » CNN: More than 95% of World's Population Breathing Unhealthy Air