5 Magnitute Earthquake in Aegean Sea
An earthquake occurred in Aegean Sea in 5 magnitude. The epicenter of quake was found to be vulnerabilities of Greece's Magnesia island.
As closest settlement from Turkey, Çanakkale village of Ayvacık district was said to be Babakale According to information on website of disaster and Emergency Management Presidency (AFAD), a 5-magnitude tremor was noted at 01.49 on Greece's Magnesia island. It was determined that quake occurred about 7 kilometers deep.
As closest settlement from Turkey to epicenter of earthquake, Çanakkale village of Ayvacık district was said to be Babakale. Recent Earthquakes Recent earthquakes in Turkey according to Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute data:
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Mostly Cloudy and Rains Will Fall in Many Areas
- » 2.9 Earthquake on the Richter Scale is Registered Near Bansko
- » Ekathimerini: Storm System Hiits Western Greece, Causes Rock Falls
- » Bulgarian Scientists Presented New Discoveries in the Field of Organic Chemistry
- » Europeans can Watch Online the Quality of the Air they Breathe
- » Antidepressants getting into Rivers make the Fish Aggressive