The United States will Produce Armored Machinery in Romania
US weapon producer giant General Dynamics will be involved in the production of armored personnel carriers for the Romanian army. The company signed an agreement to create a joint venture with state-owned arms company Romarm, which will be the main contractor for armored vehicles, money.bg reported
Piranha 5 bomber carriers will be assembled at the Uzina Mecanica plant in the Bucharest capital. The factory has not been sufficiently used in recent years due to the lack of orders from the defense sector.
Uzina Mecanica will provide production lines and staff to be trained at the headquarters of the US company. General Dynamics will also improve local production capabilities, Romanian media reported.
- » Patria Delivers a New Version of AMVXP to Slovakia as a Part of a Joint Slovak-Finnish 8x8 Vehicle Development Program
- » Romania is Suing a Shepherd who Refuses to Destroy Sheepfold he Built near US Military Base
- » Gen. Dunford: The US Loses its Military Superiority over Russia and China
- » Bulgaria Considering Boeing Super Hornets to Complement MiG-29s
- » Russia Plans to Spend EUR 320 Billion for Arms for 10 Years
- » Patria Presents its Proposal for Local Production of a New Armored Vehicle to the Parliamentary Defense Committee