At Least 13 People were Killed in a Prison Riot in Mexico
At least 13 prisoners were killed in a riot between two gangs and a rebellion that broke out yesterday in a prison in the northern Mexican state of Nuevo Leon, 24chasa said.
A prison administration official told journalists that the two-hour talks between authorities and prisoners had failed, and the police using non-lethal weapons failed to stop the rebellion. Then the authorities took decisions to use combat weapons to protect the lives of the guards and prisoners. It is still unclear how many prisoners were killed in the fight and how many people form the security forces, pointed out the source.
- » Drunk Passenger Forced a Plane from Poland to Egypt to Make an Emergency Landing in Sofia
- » 17 People were Injured in a Railway Accident in Slovakia
- » Electric pillar fell on children in Pazardzhik
- » An Elderly Man Fell into an Elevator Shaft in Sofia
- » Over 40 People were Injured in a Collision of Trams in Cologne
- » Miami Pedestrian Bridge Collapses, Killing at Least Four, Officials Say