Ukraine and Turkey will Coordinate their Actions to Protect the Ukrainians in Crimea
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko thanked Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan for confirming Turkish support for Ukrainian sovereignty and territorial integrity, UNIAN's Ukrainian news agency reported.
"Unfortunately, despite all the peaceful initiatives and efforts, including in the Norman format, the aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine continues, as well as the occupation of the Ukrainian Crimea. Together with President Erdogan, we have noted the inadmissibility of the human rights situation in the Crimea, where things are constantly getting worse due to the repressive actions of the occupation authorities, "Poroshenko said at a press conference after the meeting with Erdogan.
He added that the subject of Russian "harassment" were also the Crimean Tatars.
"Today we agreed to coordinate our actions to protect the rights and freedoms of Ukrainians in the Crimea," Poroshenko said.
"We do not recognize and will not admit the illegal annexation of the Crimea," the Turkish president said.
- » Putin and Trump Discussed Syria, Iran, the DPRK and Ukraine on the Phone
- » Czech President Milos Zeman Urges the EU to Stop Sanctions Against Russia
- » Repair of both Tubes of the Vitinya Tunnel on the Hemus Highway is Officially Completed
- » Cuba Negotiates the Purchase of Two Cargo Ships and Two Catamarans from Bulgaria
- » Speaker of The Bulgarian Parliament: The National Assembly and the EP Go Hand in Hand
- » Protests in Front of All Prisons in the Country are Expected