Russian Su-24 Warplane Crashes at Air Base in Syria, Crew Dies
A Russian Su-24 frontline bomber rolled off the runway on takeoff from Russia’s Hmeymim air base in Syria on Tuesday, Russian news agencies cited Russia’s defense ministry as saying, adding that the warplane’s crew died in the accident, reported Reuters.
The crew, bound for a combat mission, failed to eject themselves from the aircraft. Warplanes of this type carry a crew of two pilots.
According to reports from the scene, a technical fault was believed to be behind the accident, the defense ministry was cited as saying.
- » The White House Attacking with a Car was Deliberate, but it was not Dangerous
- » 10 People Died in the Collapse of a Residential Building in Cairo
- » Dozens Died After a Crash in Peru
- » 19 Children were Injured in a Car Accident in Germany
- » Body of an Elderly Man Emerged on the Burgas Beach
- » Avalanche Buried Ten People in Switzerland