At Least 120 Albanians have Joined ISIS for the Past 10 Years
Over the last decade, at least 120 Albanian citizens have joined the Islamic State terrorist group, with more than 20 of them killed in battles, mostly in Syria, said Macedonian electronic edition "Local", quoted by Focus.
The information was released during the forum "Civilian Against Extremism", held in the northern Albanian town of Shkodra.
Albania has adopted a national strategy to fight extremism, and last year approved a law banning citizens from participating in foreign armies. Infringements could lead to imprisonment for a period of 15 years.
- » Statement by the Foreign Affairs Council on the Salisbury Attack
- » Barnier Hails 'Large Part of Brexit Work COMPLETE' as Transition Limited (Video)
- » Facebook 'Sorry' for Blocking Bare-breasted Masterpiece
- » Navalny accused Ksenia Sobchak of Failing the Opposition
- » Austin: Two Injured in Fourth Explosion to Hit Texas City in a Month
- » France 'Does Not Recognize' Russian Vote in Crimea