Statement: A Major Risk to Our National Security is the Terrorist Threat
The Parliament approved the annual report on Bulgaria’s national security for 2016, according to bTV.
The report concludes that general criminality decreased, while the effectiveness of investigations increased.
The registered crimes in 2016 are 103 773, a decrease of about 7.4% compared to 2015. 49 460 crimes have been detected, with the level of disclosure rising by 8.8 points compared to 2015.
Terrorism is seen as a main risk and threat to national security.
The report also states that "Russia’s actions are a source of regional instability and threaten the main goal for a united, free and peaceful Europe." The deterioration of Russia’s relations with NATO and the EU puts the European security architecture to test.
- » The Interior Minister Declared the Fence on the Bulgaria-Turkey Border is 100% Finished
- » Finland does not Exclude NATO Membership
- » A Broad-Format Meeting is Underway in Sofia Discussing Measures Against Radical Islam
- » Bulgaria to Seek Proposals on New F-16s, Eurofighter Typhoons
- » The Border Fence with Turkey is Becoming Strategical Object of National Security
- » Norway Sends Troops to the Border with Russia