Sofia City Court Acquitted the Ex-Head of Bulgarian State Railways
On 4th of October, Sofia City Court acquitted the former Executive Director of the Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ), Hristo Monov. He was accused of deliberate mismagagement because of a deal signed for the purchase of 30 renovated train carriages.
The prosecution claimed that the deal signed on November 19, 2008, caused damages to the state to the amount of BGN 20,000,000.
The court cancelled the 5,000 BGN bail granted to Monov and lifted the ban on travelling abroad.
The court's decision is not final and the prosecution may appeal.
Source: The Bulgarian National Television
- » Bitcoin Hit an All-Time High Just Below $8,000
- » Black Friday This Year Will be on November 24
- » Report Describes Belene Nuclear Plant Project as Vital
- » President Radev: No Serious Progress on Recommendations Made in EC CVM Report
- » German Gay Film Festival Banned in Ankara
- » Proposal: BGN 510 Min Salary From January