Sofia City Court Acquitted the Ex-Head of Bulgarian State Railways
On 4th of October, Sofia City Court acquitted the former Executive Director of the Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ), Hristo Monov. He was accused of deliberate mismagagement because of a deal signed for the purchase of 30 renovated train carriages.
The prosecution claimed that the deal signed on November 19, 2008, caused damages to the state to the amount of BGN 20,000,000.
The court cancelled the 5,000 BGN bail granted to Monov and lifted the ban on travelling abroad.
The court's decision is not final and the prosecution may appeal.
Source: The Bulgarian National Television
- » Bulgarians will be Able to Travel for Longer without Visas to Six Island States
- » Nearly 30% of the Bulgarian Business Expects Negatives from Brexit
- » Lidl will Open at least Seven New Stores in Bulgaria in 2018
- » Lidl will Reduce Plastic in its Products with 20% by 2025.
- » Over EUR 335 Million is the Export of Bulgarian Furniture in 2017
- » Bulgaria will Cooperate with Saudi Arabia in Agriculture