Amazon City: City will Change its Name to Accommodate a Headquarters of the Giant Company
The second headquarters of the online giant Amazon can stretch over 345 acres (1.4 square kilometers) and now bears the conditional name Amazon City, reports Kaldata.
The most likely location of the mega complex, which will be second for the company in North America, is near the city of Stonecrest, Georgia. The authorities in the city not only offered Amazon, but even the municipal council voted 4-2 that it could accept a change in its name if the company actually decides to build a headquarter there.
The gesture is worth it because the second Amazon headquarters will bring about 50,000 new jobs. "A few big cities in the US want Amazon, but none of them can offer the marketing opportunities we give. Would not you like your headquarters to be in a city called Amazon in the 21st century, "says city mayor Jason Larry.
Until now, Amazon was based entirely in Seattle, but in September the giant company announced that it was planning to open a second headquarters. Whether Stonecrest will be able to attract Jeff Bezos and the company is still not clear, but the prospect of changing the name of the city is definitely interesting and shows to what extent technology companies are shaping our everyday life.
- » 80% of Pedestrian Crossings across the Country Do not Meet the Requirements
- » Foreign Investment in Bulgaria For January Increased by 64.6%
- » China Vows to Hit Back as Trump Prepares Trade Sanctions
- » Under OP ''Inovation and Competitiveness'' Clusters in Bulgaria are Supported with over € 36 million
- » 18% has Increased the Passenger Flow Through the Bulgarian Airports for 2017
- » Telenor Officially Sold its Business to Czech Billionaire