Today is the World Day for the Protection of Animals
Today, October 4, we celebrate the World Day for the Protection of Animals, reports novini.
It is celebrated on St. Francis's Day, animal protector. A decision to commemorate it was taken in 1931 at the International Congress of Friends of the Nature Conservation Movement in Florence, Italy. Animal welfare organizations use the celebration to draw the attention of people around the world to the need for a humane and responsible attitude towards the animal world.
In Bulgaria, the Animal Protection Act has been in force since 2008, but still to those who do not treat animals well, the measures provided for such crimes are not strictly enforced.
- » EU's Top Court Says Poland Breached Air Pollution Rules
- » German Court to Decide on Fate of 15 million Diesel Cars
- » Earthquakes with a Force of More than 4 on the Richter Scale Near the Greek Islands of Zakynthos and Crete
- » Cloudy today, Rain in Many Places
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 4.8 on the Richter Scale in Plovdiv And Asenovgrad
- » The Centuries-old Beech Forests in Central Balkan are Included in an Inter-state Site List of UNESCO