Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Enlargement of the European Union Should Continue with the Western Balkans
''Together with my Romanian counterpart, Teodor Meleşanu, we agreed that the enlargement of the European Union should continue with the Western Balkans and the Eastern Partnership countries, as it will guarantee the security and stability of the whole continent'', said the Bulgarian Foreign Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva.
''I shared that we have the unique chance that the Council of the European Union will be chaired by the five countries that support enlargement - Estonia, Austria, Bulgaria, Romania and Croatia. We must support our neighbors and friends from the Western Balkans and the Eastern Partnership'' she firther said.
Under the Estonian Presidency, an informal Council of Justice and Home Affairs Ministers will be held in Sofia on 26 and 27 October together with their counterparts from the 6 Western Balkan countries wishing to become full members of the EU.
Source: Ekaterina Zahariva Facebook Profile
- » Bulgarian PM: With Teresa May, We Discussed the Rights of Bulgarians in the UK
- » Putin Stopped by at his "Friend" Erdogan on his Return from the Middle East
- » Head of State Will Take Part in the Summit "One planet", Dedicated to Climate Change
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov Will be on a Working Visit to London Today
- » Putin will Visit Turkey on December 11th
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov Goes on an Official Visit to Serbia