8 Illegal Afghan Citizens Were Detained on Trakia Highway
8 Afghan citizens have been detained at ''Trayanovi Vrata'' on ''Trakia'' highway, Mladen Marinov, Chief Secretary of the Ministry of Interior, announced on bTV.
Foreigners were without identity cards. Two Bulgarians were also arrested, who helped them with logistics and transportation.
It is supposed that the Afghans have entered our country across the border with Turkey.
Detained Bulgarians will be handed over to the prosecutor's office.
''Afghan citizens will be accommodated in an indoor center. If they make requests for asylum, they will be handed over to the Refugee Agency. If they do not make such requests, they will be handed over to the Migration Directorate and will follow the procedure for sending back, respectively'', explained Mladen Marinov.
- » From Today, the Traffic in Downtown Sofia is Changing Due to Construction of the Subway
- » Parliament Passed Amendments to the Tourism Act
- » The Repair of Popular Grafa Street in the Center of Sofia Starts on May 8th
- » Economists Forecast 4.4% GDP Growth for Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Head of State Convenes National Security Council Today
- » Minister Nankov: The whole Route of the Hemus Highway can be Completed by 2025.