Erdogan: Turkey will not Lose Anything if it does not Become a Member of the EU
Turkey will not lose anything if it fails to become a member of the European Union, Turkish President Recep Erdogan said, quoted by the Anadolu agency.
"If the EU refuses us admission, we will not lose anything. Turkey does not need EU membership, but the block policy is linked to Ankara," he said. According to the head of state, the only way to implement the new EU plans is through full membership of Turkey. On 13 September, European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said Brussels does not consider Turkey's accession to the EU possible.
- » France 'Does Not Recognize' Russian Vote in Crimea
- » Britain Can Sign Trade Deals While in Single Market, Brussels Rules
- » Russian Spy Attack: PM Prepares Reprisals as Deadline Passes
- » Russian spy: Highly Likely Moscow Behind Attack, Says Theresa May
- » Merkel doesn't Want to Speculate on Next ECB President
- » Most Stores Shut in Poland as Sunday Trade Ban Takes Effect