The Pope Announced on Twitter that he Starts a Fight Against Fake News
Pope Francis begins fighting fake news, world agencies reported quoted by bTV.
On Twitter, the pope said the topic of the next World Social Communications Day would be the fight with fake news. The theme is inspired by a passage of the gospel, which says "The Truth Will Make You Free". "At a time when social networks, institutions and politicians are beginning to face false news, the Church also wants to contribute to fighting them by inviting reflection on the causes of their appearance and the implications of disinformation in the media," said a message from the Vatican.
According to the pope, fake news can have an impact on individual and collective behavior.
- » Kosovo Expexts to Have Final Peace Treaty with Serbia by the End of 2018
- » Nearly 6,000 Jihadists from the Islamic State may Return to Africa
- » German Intelligence Warns of Increased Chinese Cyber Spying
- » Macron Tells Netanyahu that US Recognition of Jerusalem is Threat to Peace
- » Protesters and Police Clash Outside US Embassy in Beirut
- » Iraq Holds Military Parade Celebrating Victory Over Islamic State