Austria Bans Wearing Burqas from Today
A law was enacted today in Austria forbidding the wearing of clothing and accessories covering the face, said Associated Press.
It is forbidden to wear burqas, ski masks and party masks in public places, as well as surgical masks outside hospitals. The fine for offenders will be 150 euros. The law is likely to affect the parliamentary elections of October 15, which are expected to won by anti-immigrant parties who would then form a coalition government. Despite the migratory influx into Europe in recent years, burqas are rare in Austria. However, support for the law is great, AP noted.
- » Xi Jinping: China will Fight to Stop Climate Change
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Clashes Between Police and Protesters Against Corruption in Kiev
- » Today is the European Day Against Human Trafficking
- » Breakdown Caused Massive Flood in Plovdiv Trakia District
- » NIMH: Fog in Some Areas in the Morning, Maximum Temperatures 22-27°C