Iraq Gave Three Days to Kurdistan to Hand Over Control of Airports
Iraq gave a three-day deadline to Kurdistan to give control over its airports. The measure is a response to the Iraqi Kurdistan independence referendum, reports BTV.
The government may ban international flights to the country within 72 hours if the sites are not handed over to the central government.
Last week, Baghdad asked foreign countries to stop direct flights to the Irbil and Syuleimania International Airports. At the moment only Iran is ready to support such measures.
- » Dozens Dead in Suicide Bombing at Kabul Mosque
- » The Emperor of Japan will Abdicate on 31 March 2019
- » Far from Catalonia, Canvey Island in England also Wants Independence
- » EU will Cut Some Money For Turkey as Ties Sour
- » Drone Video Shows Full Scale of Destruction of the Syrian City of Raqqa (Video)
- » Greek Police Arrest Syrian Suspected of Terrorism Overseas