On the World Tourism Day - Bulgarians have Made 1 640 559 Trips Abroad in 2016
On the World Tourism Day - September 27, according to the National Statistical Institute data, it became clear that Bulgarians have made 1 640 559 trips abroad in 2016, reported BGNES.
However, the number of trips was 5.8% less than in 2008.
The percentage of traveling women were greater (51.4%) than men (48.6%). People between 45 and 64 years traveled the most, followed by 25 and 44-year-old people.
The most wanted countries for vacation last year were - Greece, Turkey, Macedonia, Serbia, Romania.
10,604,396 foreigners visited Bulgaria in 2016, which is 24.3% more than in 2008. 586,794 Germans came to Bulgaria as tourists, followed by tourists from Russia, Macedonia, Turkey, Romania and Serbia.
Sofia, Varna, Burgas, Dobrich and Blagoevgrad are top 5 destinations for foreign tourists.
- » The Cheapest Holiday Destination for 2018? Bulgaria.
- » BGN 6.6 Billion is the Income from Foreign Tourists in Bulgaria in January-November 2017
- » Bansko Ski Center is Shut Down Due to Hurricane Wind
- » Amsterdam's Schiphol Scraps Flights as Storm Disrupts Public Transport
- » Number of Tourists From Greece Who Cisited Bulgaria is Over 1 million
- » First Flight of the Baku-Sofia Airplane is Already a Fact