On the World Tourism Day - Bulgarians have Made 1 640 559 Trips Abroad in 2016
On the World Tourism Day - September 27, according to the National Statistical Institute data, it became clear that Bulgarians have made 1 640 559 trips abroad in 2016, reported BGNES.
However, the number of trips was 5.8% less than in 2008.
The percentage of traveling women were greater (51.4%) than men (48.6%). People between 45 and 64 years traveled the most, followed by 25 and 44-year-old people.
The most wanted countries for vacation last year were - Greece, Turkey, Macedonia, Serbia, Romania.
10,604,396 foreigners visited Bulgaria in 2016, which is 24.3% more than in 2008. 586,794 Germans came to Bulgaria as tourists, followed by tourists from Russia, Macedonia, Turkey, Romania and Serbia.
Sofia, Varna, Burgas, Dobrich and Blagoevgrad are top 5 destinations for foreign tourists.
- » Over 11% Growth in International Tourism Revenues During the Winter in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Expects up to 10% more Tourists in the Summer
- » Staro Stefanovo - a Bulgarian Renaissance Fairy Tale near Lovech
- » Airlines Fear Wave of Compensation Claims After EU Court Ruling
- » Sunny Beach Topped a Global Ranking for Destinations that Offer Quality Bargain Vacation
- » Air France Cancels Flights Due to Another Strike Over Pay