Uber Stripped of its License to Operate in London
London’s transport regulator on Friday stripped Uber [UBER.UL] of its license to operate from the end of the month, affecting over 40,000 drivers in a huge blow to the taxi app, Reuters reported.
“Uber’s approach and conduct demonstrate a lack of corporate responsibility in relation to a number of issues which have potential public safety and security implications,” Transport for London (TfL) said.
The final day of Uber’s license will be on Sep. 30
- » Greek Police Arrest Syrian Suspected of Terrorism Overseas
- » EU Leaders 'Green-Light' Internal Preparations for Brexit Trade Talks
- » Spanish Government Aims for January Regional Elections in Catalonia
- » Merkel Sends Positive Signal to May on Brexit Talks
- » EU Leaders Talk up Iran Nuclear Deal Hoping to Save it From Trump
- » Turkey-Europe Tensions High as EU Summit Opens