Sofia Municipality is Planting a New Forest
Over 1500 trees will be planted in Sofia. The landscaping will be both in the central part of the city and in the inter-building spaces and schools. Climate-resistant trees are planted, such as clear, silver linden, red oak. The species have been chosen by experts from the University of Forestry, assured the Municipality of Sofia, DARIK reported.
Following the central boulevards, the campaign will cover gradually smaller streets and will continue the schedule in inter-block spaces and parks.
The campaign will continue with landscaping in yards of schools and kindergartens under the slogan "My Green School". The Sofia Municipality team will turn to the school and kindergarten managements to create an internal organization and thus include students in planting.
Deputy Mayor of Ecology Ioana Hristova stated that she was working on a new forest between the Lyulin and Suhodol districts. The forest will have an area of 225 acres and is expected to be planted with 125,000 trees within three afforestation seasons.
The initiative will also attract volunteers - Sofia citizens to be involved in the planting process. The materials will be provided by the Sofia Municipality.
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny with Maximum Temperatures of 10-15°C
- » Hundreds of Thousands of Households in Western Europe were Left Without Electricity due to Snowstorms
- » The Airport in Brussels is Temporarily Shut Down Because of the Heavy Snowfall
- » Hundreds of Romanians are Blocked at a London Airport due to Snowfall
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny with Maximum Temperatures of 7-12°
- » Yellow Code For a Strong Wind Across The Country