Tension in Barcelona after the Arrest of the Catalan Deputy Prime Minister
Tension in Barcelona after the arrests of the Catalan Deputy Prime Minister and another 13 senior civil servants. They were detained by the authorities in an attempt to stop the referendum on separating Catalonia.
Thousands went out to protest in various cities in Catalonia to support the referendum and were detained by the authorities, informs bTV.
The law enforcement agencies used force to disperse the crowd in Barcelona, with arrests.
Regional Prime Minister Carles Puidgemont said the referendum would take place and blamed central power in totalitarianism.
- » CEM will Check if There is Censorship and Pressure in the Bulgarian National Television
- » PM Borisov had a Meeting with the Russian Ambassador
- » Borisov Discussed Preparations for the EU-Turkey Meeting with the Turkish Ambassador
- » 174 People Spent the Night at the Crisis Centre For Homeless People in the Capital
- » Bulgarian PM Discussed the Future Turkey-EU Meeting with Turkish Ambassador in Bulgaria - Hasan Ulusoy
- » The New Catalan Parliament Starts its Work Today