Tension in Barcelona after the Arrest of the Catalan Deputy Prime Minister
Tension in Barcelona after the arrests of the Catalan Deputy Prime Minister and another 13 senior civil servants. They were detained by the authorities in an attempt to stop the referendum on separating Catalonia.
Thousands went out to protest in various cities in Catalonia to support the referendum and were detained by the authorities, informs bTV.
The law enforcement agencies used force to disperse the crowd in Barcelona, with arrests.
Regional Prime Minister Carles Puidgemont said the referendum would take place and blamed central power in totalitarianism.
- » The EC is Considering Setting Up a New Energy Agency
- » From Today, the Traffic in Downtown Sofia is Changing Due to Construction of the Subway
- » Reuters: Russia Says Trump Invited Putin to U.S. During Phone Call
- » Cuba's Raúl Castro Hands over Power to Miguel Díaz-Canel
- » Mass Evacuation this Morning in Berlin to Defuse WWII Bomb
- » The First Informal Meeting of EU Energy Ministers is Held in Sofia