Tension in Barcelona after the Arrest of the Catalan Deputy Prime Minister
Tension in Barcelona after the arrests of the Catalan Deputy Prime Minister and another 13 senior civil servants. They were detained by the authorities in an attempt to stop the referendum on separating Catalonia.
Thousands went out to protest in various cities in Catalonia to support the referendum and were detained by the authorities, informs bTV.
The law enforcement agencies used force to disperse the crowd in Barcelona, with arrests.
Regional Prime Minister Carles Puidgemont said the referendum would take place and blamed central power in totalitarianism.
- » Emergency Measures: Video Recorders and Seat Belts in the Public Transport
- » Bulgarian PM Calls an Extraordinary Meeting due to the Car Crashes Near Lovech
- » Municipalityof Pernik Will Organize the Transport of the Victims of the Severe Catastrophe Near Lovech
- » MPs Chose Tsveta Karayancheva as the New Parliament Speaker
- » Gen. Dunford: The US Loses its Military Superiority over Russia and China
- » The Czech President Predicts Russia in the EU