Bulgarian National Assembly Elected a Total of 11 Members of the Supreme Judicial Council
The National Assembly elected a total of 11 members of the Supreme Judicial Council from the quota of the Parliament by the Judicial and Prosecutor's College, reported BGNES.
Six members were elected as judges.
5 members were elected to the Prosecutor's College.
For the first time, MPs voted for members of the Judicial Council by a qualified majority - ie. one candidate had to receive more than two-thirds of the votes of MPs or over 160 votes. The new SJC should be operational on October 3.
- » Bulgaria Fulfilled All the Criteria For Entry into Schengen, Bulgarian Foreign Minister
- » The Innovation Fund of Bulgaria will Pay Scholars in early November
- » No EU Consensus for North Stream 2
- » DailyMail: Bulgaria Deputy PM Wants New Laws to Stifle Radical Islam
- » Syrian Refugee Faces Deportation From Cardiff to Bulgaria
- » Moscow says Bulgaria’s Parliament Recognizes Russian Threat Upon Foreign Instructions