Bulgarian National Assembly Elected a Total of 11 Members of the Supreme Judicial Council
The National Assembly elected a total of 11 members of the Supreme Judicial Council from the quota of the Parliament by the Judicial and Prosecutor's College, reported BGNES.
Six members were elected as judges.
5 members were elected to the Prosecutor's College.
For the first time, MPs voted for members of the Judicial Council by a qualified majority - ie. one candidate had to receive more than two-thirds of the votes of MPs or over 160 votes. The new SJC should be operational on October 3.
- » 2/3 of the Bulgaria's Pedestrian Crossings do not Meet the Requirements
- » Road Agency: Nearly 440 Snow Removal Machines are Clearing the Roads
- » Government will Increase the Salaries of Prison Staff
- » National Assembly has Adopted Rules for the Election of Deputy Chairperson and Members of the Anti-Corruption Body
- » Electronic Ticket in Sofia - in 2019
- » Controlled Water Release from Ticha Dam Continues