215,000 Eggs Containing Fipronil Were Found in Plovdiv
215,000 eggs containing fipronil have been found in a warehouse and stores in Plovdiv, the head of the regional food safety office, Kamen Yankov announced, reported Dnes.bg
The eggs have been seized for destruction.
"The trader is will not be subject to sanctions because he can not know that the eggs contain fipronil". However, the producer will be punished, as the use of fipronil is banned for productive animals.
The found volume of fipronil is far from the toxic dose, but above the norm.
According to him, an egg will not cause any damage to the body; about 2 kg of eggs per month should be consumed. The infection came through an animal that has been treated with fipronil.
Inspectors continue work to detect any more fipronil-affected eggs.
- » Flu Epidemic in Bulgaria is Expected in late January and early February
- » Pirogov Hospital Continues to Operate Despite the Protests
- » World AIDS Day 2017
- » 140 People Have Been Examined in the Pirogov Hospital for the Last 24 Hours
- » Patient Organizations are Protesting
- » University Oncological Hospital Forms Groups for Psycho-emotional Support