215,000 Eggs Containing Fipronil Were Found in Plovdiv
215,000 eggs containing fipronil have been found in a warehouse and stores in Plovdiv, the head of the regional food safety office, Kamen Yankov announced, reported Dnes.bg
The eggs have been seized for destruction.
"The trader is will not be subject to sanctions because he can not know that the eggs contain fipronil". However, the producer will be punished, as the use of fipronil is banned for productive animals.
The found volume of fipronil is far from the toxic dose, but above the norm.
According to him, an egg will not cause any damage to the body; about 2 kg of eggs per month should be consumed. The infection came through an animal that has been treated with fipronil.
Inspectors continue work to detect any more fipronil-affected eggs.
- » The Health Fund has Voted a BGN 400 Million Increase in the Budget for Next Year
- » 5 Foods to Include in your Menu for Good Eyesight
- » Only 3% of Bulgarians are Vaccinated Against Flu
- » About 60% of General Practitioners in Bulgaria are over 55 Years of Age
- » Sofia Municipality Presents a Health Portal of the Hospitals in the Capital
- » BGN 300 Thousand Will be Provided by the Ministry of Health to the Hospitals in Lovech and Vratsa