Maria Gabriel: The EU Needs Cybersecurity Specialists
We need cybersecurity specialists to offer a perspective. This was stated by EU Commissioner for Digitization Maria Gabriel at a press conference on which the European Commission presented its idea of establishing a European Network and Information Security Agency.
Gabriel has identified Internet security as a challenge for citizens and organizations. She noted that the new agency will work in cooperation with the European cyber-dissemination center. It is imperative to make progress before the next crisis, the EU commissioner said. In response to a question, she specified that the EC does not decide where the new agency will be.
- » EU to Israel: Don't Expect Us to Move Embassies
- » German Intelligence Warns of Increased Chinese Cyber Spying
- » German Social Democrat Schulz called for United States of Europe
- » Brexit Border Deal Possible in 'Hours' as Talks Go Down to the Wire
- » Poland Ready to Defend Migration Stance in EU Top Court
- » The World Bank gives up to USD 200 Million in the Western Balkans