Netherlands is also Against Bulgaria Entering Schengen
Netherlands opposes the accession of Romania and Bulgaria to Schengen, despite the words of Juncker, announced Romania Libera.
The newspaper refers to a statement by Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte. Yesterday, Germany's Interior Minister Thomas de Mesier spoke skeptically about Jean-Claude Juncker's statement to the European Parliament that Bulgaria and Romania should soon be admitted to Schengen.
"Juncker is a romantic, I think when someone has visions, they have to consult a doctor," Rutte commented, adding that he still has
"too many fears about border control and corruption" in Bulgaria and Romania.
- » Conference on Long-term Sustainability and Innovation Infrastructures to Industry and Society
- » International Conference on the Future of Work
- » EU Presidency Puts Lagging Bulgarian Science in the Spotlight
- » The European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures (ESFRI) Executive Board Meeting
- » Fighting "Energy Poverty'' Will be Discussed Today at a Conference, Part of the Program of the Bulgarian EU Presidency
- » International Architecture Forum at the National Palace of Culture Dedicated to the Western Balkans