Germany’s Merkel Rejects Total Ban on Arms Exports to Turkey
German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Sept. 12 rejected a total ban on arms exports to NATO ally Ankara,saying that such sales had already been restricted somewhat, but Turkey remained a key ally in the fight against Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), Hurryiet reports.
Merkel told broadcaster NDR that Germany would decide on arms sales requests from Turkey on a case-by-case basis. She also said she saw no reason to impose a travel warning for Germans travelling to Turkey, but said Berlin would keep its options open.
- » German President to Meet Party Leaders on Thursday
- » EU's Juncker Says Dec. 4 Meeting with May will Show if Brexit Progress Made
- » German Social Democrats Under Pressure to Form Grand Coalition
- » Europe Strengthens Security Measures Around the Christmas Bazaars
- » Spain Sends Migrant Arrivals to Unfinished Prison
- » UK Sets Aside Extra 3 billion Pounds for Brexit Preparations