Greece Responded to Refugee Crisis in Europe with Solidarity and Dignity
In a speech at the 67th session of the World Health Organization's Regional Committee for Europe in Budapest on Tuesday, Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras stressed that Greece had done all it could to respond to Europe's refugee crisis with "solidarity and dignity", Ekathimerini reported.
"The only way to protect our country is to do all we can to ensure that vulnerable social groups and refugees have access to healthcare," he said.
Tsipras said his government had sought to undertake several initiatives to improve the quality of healthcare and citizens' acces to it, adding that "much more difficult work must be done."
- » Ankara Asks For Further Probe into NATO Drill Incident
- » Turkish Capital Ankara Bans All Gay Rights Functions
- » Greek Floods Death Toll Rises to 20
- » Tsipras Seeks EU Funds to Deal with Damage From Floods
- » Erdogan Says Turkey Pulls Troops out of NATO Exercise
- » Rescue Crews Looking For Two More Men Missing in Flash Floods