MEPs Return to France For Their 1st Plenary Sitting Since the Summer Recess
It's back to Strasbourg this week for MEPs as they return to France for their first plenary sitting since the summer recess, reported BBC.
Jean-Claude Juncker will take centre-stage with his third "state of the union" speech as European Commission President on Wednesday.
He will no doubt be hoping the stalls are busier than during his last appearance - when a poor turnout led him to brand MEPs "ridiculous".
As ever, the event will be a mixture of rhetoric and policy, offering him a chance to set out his stall for the year ahead.
- » France Plans Anti-Street Harassment Law
- » Prague Poised to Turn Away From Brussels
- » Portugal PM Vows to Implement Fire Prevention Reforms
- » Boyko Borisov: Europe is Under Pressure
- » NATO Ships Hold Missile Defense Drill Near Scotland, Pentagon Says
- » Juncker: If we Allow Catalonia to Separate, and Others will do the Same