Ukraine is Investigating Mikheil Saakashvili for Illegal Entry Into the Country
Ukraine has launched an investigation into former Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili for illegal entry into the country, TASS reported.
Yesterday he illegally and forcefully crossed the Ukrainian-Polish border. According to the border police, 12 policemen and five border guards suffered in clashes with guards of Saakashvili.
Ukrainian citizenship of Saakashvili was taken away by order of President Petro Poroshenko. The former head of state of Georgia is accused of abuse of power while he was the governor of Odessa. Saakashvili said he had a plan to return to Ukraine and resume his Ukrainian passport. He also does not have Georgian citizenship, which he declined in order to take on a Ukrainian passport in 2015.
If convicted of an illegal entry into Ukraine, Saakashvili may get up to 5 years in prison
- » Russia Opposition Leader Alexei Navalny Released From Prison
- » Catalonia's Leaders Fight off Direct Rule From Madrid
- » China Says Needs to Create Jobs For 15 million People Every Year
- » U.S.-Backed Militias Seize Key Oil Field in East Syria
- » Pablo Neruda did not Die of Cancer but may have been Poisoned
- » Jihadists Killed over 58 Policemen in Egypt