SOCCER REFEREE HEAVILY BEATEN IN BURGAS
Sports | September 7, 2001, Friday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Football referee Dimiter Kostov was mercilessly beaten in the center of Burgas at around 8,30 a.m. yesterday. The elite referee was reportedly attacked by three men in front of his home in `Sheinovo` St. They attacked the referee from an ambush and began hitting him on the head and body with metal pipes. Kostov tried to snatch the iron pipe out of one of his attackers, but fell helpless on the ground, all in blood, eye-witnesses said. The three assailants left him only after neighbors began shouting from the balconies around for help. The referee was taken to hospital in a very grave condition, with numerous injuries all over the body. In the afternoon he was discharged from hospital with 15 stitches on the head. The police is looking for the three perpetrators by description. Today the victim had to referee the match between the local Loko and Cherno more teams. The football referees in the country threaten to refrain from refereeing matches out of solidarity with their colleague.Sports » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play in the Semifinals in Rotterdam
- » With a New Victory Dimitrov Qualified for the Quarterfinals in Rotterdam
- » Milan Won 3:0 Against Ludogorets in Razgrad
- » Ludogorets has Prepared a Unique Gift to Milan (Photos)
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Back with a Victory in Rotterdam
- » 103-year Old Fan of Bristol Rovers has not Missed a Match Since 1954
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)