Parliament will Still Discuss the Ecological Law after the President's Veto
MPs from the Environment and Water Committee will discuss the veto that President Rumen Radev has imposed on amendments to the Environmental Act, Nova TV reported.
The proposals envisaged the removal of the second instance court when appealing the assessment of the environmental impact of sites of national importance.
This is the case with the construction of the Struma highway through the Kresna Gorge. According to some, changes to the law were done in the interest of investors and to the detriment of the nature and health of the people. After the presidential veto, however, parliament will have to discuss the controversial point again.
- » The Netherlands Donated Minibuses to the Bulgarian Ministry of Interior for Transport of Migrants
- » US Fighters Fired Signaling Missiles to Russian Warplanes
- » S&D Group President: Romania and Bulgaria are Ready to Join Schengen
- » Government Approved Additional Funds Up to BGN 19 970 000 to Repair 15 MiG-29 Fighter Jets
- » The Military Ministry will Pay BGN 81 Million for the Repair of 15 MiGs
- » Washington, Seoul and Tokyo Begin Two-day Joint Military Exercises