Albania has Received Humvee Military Jeeps from the United States
The Albanian Defense Ministry said the United States has secured the first Humvee military jeeps designed to reinforce Albanian army capabilities, the Associated Press reported.
The announcement yesterday that the first six out of a total of 248 Jeep Humvee have arrived in Albania within a USD 12 million aid package, BTA reported.
US Ambassador Donald Lou said Albania was one of four NATO allies in Europe to get these jeeps in order to acquire a "fully modernized, operational and independent infantry by 2019". Albania joined NATO in 2009 and has since modernized its armament to alliance standards.
- » S&D Group President: Romania and Bulgaria are Ready to Join Schengen
- » Government Approved Additional Funds Up to BGN 19 970 000 to Repair 15 MiG-29 Fighter Jets
- » The Military Ministry will Pay BGN 81 Million for the Repair of 15 MiGs
- » Washington, Seoul and Tokyo Begin Two-day Joint Military Exercises
- » Poland: The Cost of the Patriot Missile Defense System is Unacceptable to us
- » The National Security Strategy: Cyber Defence and Modernization of the Army