Italy Arrested Mafia Boss in Uruguay after 23 Years
One of the most wanted Italian mobsters was arrested in Uruguay after he hid for 23 years, Interior Minister Marco Miniati said.
Mafia boss Rocco Morabito was wanted for being part of an organized criminal group, illegal trade and other crimes. He has been involved in storing and spreading cocaine. He is a member of the Calabrian mafia group Ndrangheta and is known by the nickname - the Cocaine King of Milan. He was arrested in Punta del Este, Uruguay, after at first the Italian and Uruguayan police found a doppelganger. Italy has been searching for him since 1994, it is believed that he exported from Italy a ton of drugs worth USD 8 million. Italian authorities hope that he will give them information about the powerful boss of the Sicilian mafia, Mateo Denarro, with whom Morabito has worked.
- » 50 Mobsters Arrested in Southern Italy
- » Eight People were Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Mladost Quarter of Sofia
- » Crime Group Involved in Drug Distribution Was Detained on Trakia Motorway
- » Police Found 40 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Customs and Border Police Officers Prevented an Attempt for Smuggling of 1,551 boxes Cigarettes
- » Police in Varna Disrupted a Scheme for False Medical Documents