A Man Escaped from Prison with a Rope of Sheets
Sentenced for theft, a man fled this morning from the prison in Varna, the prosecution announced. He descended from the window of the room where he was locked, to the ground with rope made with tied sheets and then escaped. The man was serving his sentence in the hostel in the village of Razdelna and was brought to prison in Varna because he had to appear in court.
"Today, September 4, 2017, about four o'clock in the morning, the prisoner succeeded, with a metal leg in a chair, to separate the grilles of the room he was in. With sheets he descended from the second to the first floor of the building and escaped," said a statement of the prosecutor's office. A little later the fugitive was found in his home. According to the investigators, he was in an apparently inadequate state. The man is detained and taken back to prison.
- » Bulgaria is First in Europe in Increase of the Number of Prisoners in 2016
- » Constitutional Court will Initiate a Case in Relation to the Istanbul Convention
- » A New Road will Connect Smolyan and Madan, Asphalting Starts on March 21st
- » 150 are the Dams in the Country that are in a Bad Condition
- » 570 km of Roads will be Repaired with Budget Funds this Year
- » The Ombudsman Wants Citizens to be Able to Challenge Prices of Electricity, Heating and Gas,