A Man Escaped from Prison with a Rope of Sheets
Sentenced for theft, a man fled this morning from the prison in Varna, the prosecution announced. He descended from the window of the room where he was locked, to the ground with rope made with tied sheets and then escaped. The man was serving his sentence in the hostel in the village of Razdelna and was brought to prison in Varna because he had to appear in court.
"Today, September 4, 2017, about four o'clock in the morning, the prisoner succeeded, with a metal leg in a chair, to separate the grilles of the room he was in. With sheets he descended from the second to the first floor of the building and escaped," said a statement of the prosecutor's office. A little later the fugitive was found in his home. According to the investigators, he was in an apparently inadequate state. The man is detained and taken back to prison.
- » A Total of BGN 2.91 billion will be Paid to the Bulgarian Farmers
- » Bulgarian PM: There is no Greener Government than Ours
- » Government Approved the Agreement Between Bulgaria and Macedonia on the Reduction of International Roaming Tariffs
- » The Monument of Buzludzha can Receive European Funding
- » The National Assembly Ratified the Treaty on Friendship, Neighborhood and Cooperation with Macedonia
- » Plans for Expansion of the Trakia Highway