Black Smoke Through the Chimney of Russian Consulate in the United States
Thick black smoke comes out of a chimney in the closing Russian consulate in San Francisco. Firefighters arriving on site were not admitted to the building, AP reported.
An agency reporter has heard people out of the building telling firefighters that there is no problem and that consular staff burns unspecified items in a fireplace. The diplomatic mission officials are hurrying to close one of the oldest Russian consulates in the United States. The State Department has given Moscow a deadline to close its Consulate General in San Francisco by 2 September and two trade offices in New York and Washington.
- » Bulgarian President: 'We Should Not Allow a Double Standard in the Accession of the Member States to the Schengen Area'
- » Erdogan is in Warsaw on a First Visit to an EU Country after a Coup Attempt
- » Bulgaria and Russia to Cooperate in the Field of Culture
- » Putin's Visit in Bulgaria will be Postponed for after March 2018
- » Theresa May goes on an Unexpected Visit to Brussels
- » Boris Johnson tells Zaharieva: 'I am Sure Bulgarian EU Presidency will be Very Successful'