Powerful Earthquake in Indonesia
A strong earthquake measuring 6.2 on the Richter scale was felt along the coast of the western parts of Indonesia, according to AFP, quoted by DARIK.
There is no information about a tsunami, or whether there are victims or damages.
The earthquake hit the Mentavas islands in West Sumatra province, about 75km from the capital of Padang.
Authorities check for damages and casualties.
- » Contaminated Air has a Detrimental Effect on Adolescent Psyche
- » Fourth Quarter in the Capital Protests Against the Air Pollution
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny with Maximum Temperatures of 13-18°C
- » 150 New Trees were Planted in the Lauta Park in Plovdiv
- » Scientists Found Microorganisms in Antarctica that were Thought to be Unable to Live on Earth
- » NIMH: Sunny Weather with Maximum Temperatures of 10-15°C