Edinburgh has a New GBP 1.35 Billion Bridge
The Queensferry Crossing, one of the most modern 207-meter-long, three pillar bridge, was put into operation in the Scottish capital Edinburgh.
The value of the facility is GBP 1.35 Billion pounds (USD 1.7 billion), and its projected lifetime is 120 years.
The bridge, which is 2.7 km long, was built in six years. It replaces the famous Fort Bridge as the main transport highway, the BBC said.
Queensferry Crossing "will be officially opened by Queen Elizabeth II on September 4 - exactly 53 years after she opened Fort Bridge.
- » Russia Opposition Leader Alexei Navalny Released From Prison
- » Catalonia's Leaders Fight off Direct Rule From Madrid
- » China Says Needs to Create Jobs For 15 million People Every Year
- » U.S.-Backed Militias Seize Key Oil Field in East Syria
- » Pablo Neruda did not Die of Cancer but may have been Poisoned
- » Jihadists Killed over 58 Policemen in Egypt