Chile Congress Introduced a Bill to make Same-sex Marriages Legal
The Chilean President Michelle Bachelet sent a bill to Congress about the legalization of same-sex marriages and adoption by couples of the same sex. The bill is part of the liberal reform after last week the Constitutional court accepted partial removal of the ban on abortions. Reports Aljazeera.
'Old prejudices can not be stronger than love' – said the president after publicly signing the bill.
'This is why, just I promised, Chile is making historical step by accepting the document for marriage equality.' The party of Bachelet has majority in congress, however the process of accepting the bill will be probable pushed to 2018. Chile is perceived as relatively social-conservative country. For example divorce was legalized as recently as 2004.
- » Pablo Neruda did not Die of Cancer but may have been Poisoned
- » Jihadists Killed over 58 Policemen in Egypt
- » Dozens Dead in Suicide Bombing at Kabul Mosque
- » The Emperor of Japan will Abdicate on 31 March 2019
- » Far from Catalonia, Canvey Island in England also Wants Independence
- » EU will Cut Some Money For Turkey as Ties Sour