British Beach Evacuated After 'Chlorine Cloud' Burns People’s Eyes
Emergency services evacuated the popular Birling Gap sun spot in East Sussex after dozens of people complained of sore throats and stinging eyes after the mysterious “mist” appeared on the beach.
Numerous witnesses at the scene reported a strong smell of chlorine in the air, but Sussex Police said the source of the “unknown haze” is not yet known.
The haze was first reported just before 5pm Sunday. The coastguard, police and fire and rescue crews are all present at the beach. Emergency services are treating people and clearing the area.
“This seems to have been caused by an unknown haze coming in from the sea, but the source has not yet been established,” the police said in a statement.
“People living along the coast in the area have been advised to keep doors and windows shut and to move away from the Birling Gap area in particular,” the police added.
- » How can you Visit the Newly Found Continent Zealand?
- » Catalonia Scares Madrid with Civil Disobedience
- » CIA Director: "Do not Ask Questions if Kim Suddenly Dies"
- » Russia is Considering Freezing its Membership of the European Court of Human Rights
- » The EP is Discussing a Report on Minimum Income in the EU
- » Islamic State Кilled at Least 128 People in Syrian Town