Earthquake in Iran
Ten people were injured in an earthquake of magnitude 4.9 in Iran, the Associated Press reported, referring to state television, DARIK informed.
The quake has occurred before sunrise about 600 kilometers north of Tehran. The injured people have only minor injuries. Damage to buildings has been caused.
Iran is in a seismic area and is often experiencing earthquakes, AP noted. In 2003, 26,000 people died in a 6.6 magnitude earthquake that crashed the historic city of Bam in the southeastern part of the country.
- » After the Earthquakes in Mexico, a Volcano Erupted
- » NIMH: Cold Weather with Temperatures of up to 18-23°, in Sofia Around 18°
- » Astronomical Autumn Arrives in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality is Planting a New Forest
- » Decreased Air Pollution in Bulgaria, but Still far from the Standards of Cleanliness
- » Authorities in Bali Have Raised Alert Levels for a Volcanic Eruption