Two Injured in Explosion in Central Kiev
Two people were injured on Thursday in an explosion near government headquarters in the center of Kiev, Ukraine's capital, on the Independence Day holiday, police said, quoted by Reuters.
Olena Gitlyanska, spokeswoman for Ukraine's state security service, said the blast, at around 2 p.m., was most likely an act of hooliganism.
The local television channel 112 showed a woman lying on the ground in the street near the government building.
Witnesses told the TV channel that the explosive device seemed to have been thrown from a passing car.
- » Russia is Considering Banning Smartphones in the Army
- » Russia Deploys Nuclear Capable Missile System in Kaliningrad
- » Russia Marking 75th Anniversary Of Bloody Battle Of Stalingrad
- » Two Popular Russian Journalists got into a Fight During a Radio Broadcast Because of Stalin
- » Russia's Putin to Meet Palestine's Abbas on February 12 in Sochi
- » Russia has Thwarted an Attack Planned for Election Day