The American Comedian Jerry Lewis Died
Famous American actor, comedian and director Jerry Lewis died today from natural causes at his home in Las Vegas, surrounded by his family, said the family, quoted by Reuters.
Lewis began his career with humorous sketches, performing in clubs, radio and television. He became popular in the 1940s thanks to the comedy duet with Dean Martin, with whom he split in 1956, after ten years of joint work. He starred in Emir Kusturica's Arizona Dream (1993) and Martin Scorsese's The King of Comedy (1982). In 1960 he made his directorial debut with The Bellboy. Three years later he became a star with his most popular film (also a director and screenwriter) - The Nutty Professor. He has won numerous awards, including an Oscar. He has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- » Pernik Declares Day of Mourning For the Victims From the Car Crash Near Village of Mikre
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Music Legend Tom Petty Dies
- » Playboy Creator Hugh Hefner was Buried Next to Marilyn Monroe
- » Playboy Magazine Founder Hugh Hefner Dies Aged 91