Merchants Offer Dangerous Sunglasses
Dangerous sunglasses are being marketed in our country, became clear after a check of the State Agency for Metrology and Technical Surveillance.
These are models that do not have the necessary UV protection and can seriously impair vision. Models that are too dark and diminish visibility, which may also be dangerous to consumers, have also been identified, the agency said. Because of the violations, the glasses have been withdrawn from the market. Checks are done in smaller retail outlets, not in specialized optics. 737 different models of sunglasses have been inspected, with 36 percent of them found inconsistencies - lack of marking and instructions for use. Additionally, 152 different brands and models of sunglasses are available on the market in violation of current legislation and are subject to fines. Other 53 models are suspended from distribution.
- » Surprising Checks in Stores about Christmas Decorations and Fireworks
- » Gallup: 79% of Bulgarians do not Want Early Elections
- » Prison Officers from Plovdiv Hold Protest
- » Bulgaria’s Jan-Oct New Light Commercial Vehicle Registrations Rise
- » Strasbourg Court Decided on EUR 462,000 for the Blue House in Plovdiv
- » Over BGN 20mln Have Been Invested in Increasing Road Safety Over the Past Year