Six Bids for Bulgaria’s Toll System to be Open Today
The six toll system bids will be open today. Regional Minister Nikolay Nankov said the procedure was scheduled for 17:00. According to him, all candidates who have submitted offers are approved, reported BGNES.
"All appeal procedures have been closed and thus the bids, six in number, will be officially opened at 5 pm tomorrow at the headquarters of the Road Infrastructure Agency," he went on.
''We hope we will succeed. We generated 6 bids'', he added. "It is extremely important for us to implement the system as quickly as possible," said Minister Nankov.
"The provisional price of BGN 200 million may go down a bit," minister Nankov said further.
According to him, it will generate a resource that will only be used to improve infrastructure and safety on the roads in Bulgaria.
The new toll system will include 55% of the roads in Bulgaria and the fees will depend on the quality of the road and the time intervals when traffic is the most intensive.
"We must be flexible with the toll fees," minister Nankov said.
Prices of car vignettes will not be increased after the introduction of the road charging system, the minister further said.
- » Subaru has Withdrawn nearly 400,000 of its Cars due to a Lack of Safety Check
- » The Tender for the Highway to Pleven / Lovech will be in the Second Half of 2018
- » Bulgaria will Work for an European Strategy for the Oil Industry
- » French Company Invests EUR 30 Million for a New Plant in Pleven
- » 100% Electric Bus Fleet For Shenzhen (Population 11.9 Million) By End Of 2017 (Video)
- » Russia and the UAE are Considering Joint Production of a Passenger Airplane