There Are At Least Three Abandoned Children in Bulgaria per day
''There are at least three abandoned children daily in Bulgaria'', Ombudsman Maya Manolova said in the show "This morning" on bTV.
In her words, the cases of throwing a child in a garden or in a garbage can only be the tip of the iceberg. In fact, half of the abandoned children are abandoned in the foster home, the Ombudsman said.
According to her, there is a profile of the mother who takes such a step. Usually she has no income, no permanent job, no home and no living allowance, unmarried.
Statistics show that most children are abandoned during the holidays when these mothers feel the most helpless, dropped out of society and without any support, "she added.
In her view, it is necessary to strengthen the work of the social and health services.
- » No EU Consensus for North Stream 2
- » DailyMail: Bulgaria Deputy PM Wants New Laws to Stifle Radical Islam
- » Syrian Refugee Faces Deportation From Cardiff to Bulgaria
- » Moscow says Bulgaria’s Parliament Recognizes Russian Threat Upon Foreign Instructions
- » Parliament Rejected the Presidential Veto on the Defense Act
- » Georgi Cholakov is the New Chairman of the Supreme Administrative Court