There Are At Least Three Abandoned Children in Bulgaria per day
''There are at least three abandoned children daily in Bulgaria'', Ombudsman Maya Manolova said in the show "This morning" on bTV.
In her words, the cases of throwing a child in a garden or in a garbage can only be the tip of the iceberg. In fact, half of the abandoned children are abandoned in the foster home, the Ombudsman said.
According to her, there is a profile of the mother who takes such a step. Usually she has no income, no permanent job, no home and no living allowance, unmarried.
Statistics show that most children are abandoned during the holidays when these mothers feel the most helpless, dropped out of society and without any support, "she added.
In her view, it is necessary to strengthen the work of the social and health services.
- » Boyko Borisov in Belgrade: The EU has Wise and Secure Balkans
- » A Memorandum of Understanding and Cooperation Between the Two Prosecutor's Offices of Serbia and Bulgaria
- » Nearly BGN 1.5 Billion is the Budget of Sofia for 2018
- » Today Begins the Real Part of the Experimental Repair of the ''Trakia'' Highway
- » More Than 5000 Bulgarian Villages Can Apply for Euro Fundings For Wi-Fi
- » Restaurants and Cafes do not Comply with the Smoking Ban