Foods Made from Insects will Soon be on the Market in Switzerland
The first human insect products will be available for sale in Swiss supermarkets next week, AFP reported.
Those who wish will taste burgers and meatballs of flour worms with rice, vegetables and spices, they will be sold in the Coop stores.
According to a spokesman for the Federal Food Safety Authority, Switzerland is the first European country to allow the use of insects for human food. Swiss legislation allows three types of insects for human consumption - grasshoppers, crickets and flour worms.
These insects are grown for animal feed. To be fit for man, they must be fourth generation
- » Erdogan: Summit 'Important' For Ending Tragedy in Syria
- » Singapore Sees Running Autonomous Buses on Public Roads From 2022
- » Ratko Mladic Jailed For Life Over Bosnia War Genocide
- » UK Sets Aside Extra 3 billion Pounds for Brexit Preparations
- » Zimbabwe's Mnangagwa to be Sworn in as President on Friday
- » Elizabeth II is Now the Oldest Head of State in the World