Despite the Ban, People of Silistra are Bathing on the Danube
Dozens of people from Silistra find refugee in the waters of the Danube during the hot days, although there is a ban on bathing in the river. Reports BTV
The favorite place for swimming and bathing of the residents in Silistra is to the Polaris dredging plant. People come, even though the municipality issued an order in April that prohibits bathing in the Danube.
"This sand is amazing, even on the sea there is no such sand. My colleagues, who were sailors, say that we have a real miracle here. But we have no legal beach, "says Plamen.
"We are here every Sunday, with the dogs, with my whole family." added another person enjoying the river beach.
There are legitimate beaches in the nearby Romanian cities on the Danube. But it is unacceptable for Silistrians to go near the great river and bath. Most people in the region have low-income and can not afford to go to seaside resorts.
The municipality pointed out several reasons for not being able to build a beach on the Danube.
The main reason is the numerous stretches of sudden deepwater whirlpools and the volatile bottom along the coast. In addition, the provision of rescuers, medical staff and other employees is a financial burden that the local treasury can not afford.
And last but not least, the Danube is a border, under the jurisdiction of the state, and there are normative limits for the development of activities.
Until a solution has been found, people from Silistra will continue to enjoy the benefits of the Danube, albeit in violation of the prohibitions.
- » Speaker of The Bulgarian Parliament: The National Assembly and the EP Go Hand in Hand
- » Protests in Front of All Prisons in the Country are Expected
- » President of the EP Will Arrive on a Working Visit to Bulgaria
- » Car Drivers Are Now Passing Without Restrictions Through the "Vitinya" Tunnel
- » Bulgarian PM: We Must All Strive For Peace. War is Worse Than Anything
- » How is it Most Profitable to Heat During the Winter?